|| Animals that lay eggs: Fish and Reptiles
||SCIENCE – Life Science
||All About Animals
||Students will match fish and reptiles with their eggs. Then they will write a caption to describe the eggs.
- All living things can reproduce (have young).
- Explain to students that this week they are going to learn about animals that lay eggs. Today we will focus on fish and reptiles.
- Show students the Arkive.com links below.
- Desert Tortoise
- Cut out the four flap patterns on the dotted lines. Fold the tall side down to makw the flap. The folded flap should be on the right side of the paper.
- Color and cut out the egg and animal pictures.
- Glue an egg picture on each folded flap.
- Open up the flap and glue the animal that comes underneath it.
- Read the informational paragraphs and write a caption on the writing lines to tell about the egg.
- Stack the pages. Staple the construction paper cover on the left side.
- Write a title on the cover.
- class set of flap book template
- construction paper
- SmartBoard / Internet / ARKive.com
||Hand out index cards. Ask students to jot down 3 facts that they learned today about fish and reptiles.