|Lesson||Eggs, Eggs, Eggs – -> Animals that lay eggs: BIRDS|
|Content Area||SCIENCE – Life Science|
|Unit||All About Animals|
|Objective||Students will learn about the eggs of six different birds. They will color, cut, and paste to order the eggs from smallest to largest. Then they will write sentences describing the size differences in the eggs.|
Steps to Follow
• egg patterns on pages 17 and 18, reproduced for students
• 7½” x 18″ (19 x 45.5 cm) strip of colored construction paper
• crayons or markers
|Formative Assessment|| Writing About the Eggs
1. Brainstorm words that are used to describe the size of a thing.
2. Write the words on a chart page or the chalkboard.
3. Have students write sentences describing the eggs’ size differences.