||SCIENCE – Life Science
||All About Animals –> Animals that lay eggs: Frogs
- All living things can reproduce (have young).
- Explain to students that this week they are going to learn about animals that lay eggs. Today we will focus on frogs.
- Read students the Gail Gibbons book called Frogs
- Show students the Arkive.com links below.
- Follow the instructions below:
1. Color the illustrations.
2. Cut on the dotted lines.
3. Paste the illustrations in order on the pull-strip.
4. Cut two 2″ (5 cm) slits in the fi le card as shown.
5. Thread the pull-strip through the card to watch the frog egg hatch and change into a frog.
- frog life cycle pictures and pull-strip on page 20, reproduced for students
- crayons or marking pens
- 4″ x 6″ (10 x 15 cm) fi le card
|| Students will write on an index card how frogs grow and change (compare)