|| Tribal Regions **3-5 day Lesson**
||People of Our Past
||Students will be able to understand and explain in their own words how different NA tribes lived in many different regions in North America. Each tribe’s clothing, home, and way of life depended on where they lived (their region).
- Discuss how different NA tribes lived in many different regions in North America. Each tribe’s clothing, home, and way of life depended on where they lived (their region).
- Show the tee-pee replica. Explain the many Plains tribes lived in tee-pees. The Plains tribe hunted and used the skins to make their homes. Also, teepees were easy to set up and take down which allows them to move quickily to follow Buffalo.
- Show some picture cards of the other tribes and ask ask what regions they think they came from and how they know.
- Pull down the North America map or show a picture of North America on the Smart Board. Discuss the climate of each area.
- Hand out pg. 9 of the NA activity guide. Have students color each region a different color.
- As you complete the individual tribe pages, lablel on the ma which region each tribe lived in.
*Tribes of the Southwest
*Tribes of te Great Lakes
*Tribes of the Northwest
*The Plains Indians
- Picture Cards
- Classset of pg. 9 of activity guide
- large map of North America
- Tribe info/activity pages (classets of each)
|| Assess the map that students colored by regions
|| NA Resource Kit